Monday, July 15, 2013

With gratitude to Hashem Binyomin and I feel honored and blessed to have had Zaidy at our wedding and fully involved. Zaidy joined the circuits under the chuppah and danced with my father and Binyomin. Before the Chuppah Zaidy peered into my eyes as Uncle Sruly mouthed "Yevorechicha Hashem, Vyishmirecha, Yaer Hashem Panav Eilecha Vichuneka, Yisa Hashem Panav Eilecha Vyasem lcha Shalom!" How powerful, something I will never forget! 
Zaidy was a special person, who welcomed all with a smile! I remember how he used to dance and sing with young children as they came to visit. Each morning when we spent Pesach at Bobby's and Zaidy, 5am we could already hear the Kol Torah as Zaidy was sitting over a sefer learning. 

I was one of the privileged aineklach to have my own Chana - Zaidy song. It went like this:
"Oifn bargel, shtait a haysel mit a greenem dach, Chanale mit mir!"
(If anyone remembers the rest of the song please email me the lyrics - cschtroks@gmail.com)

 Zaidy will be deeply missed! May we follow in his footsteps and learn from his example!






No comments:

Post a Comment